Search This Blog

Monday, May 23, 2011

Wait... You mean the world didn't end?

Greetings blog lovers, today is Monday, May 23, 2011. Yes, that's right, two days after the ill-fated Day of Judgment that was supposed to have occurred this past Saturday. And we're still here? Surprise, surprise. Anyone who was familiar with the Bible at all would have known that Saturday was not the day of the Rapture/Judgment Day because NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY NOR THE HOUR. How many times does this have to be pounded into the heads of people like Harold Camping and his followers? The hour of 6 pm passed quietly in the Eastern time zone of the United States, sneaking past with a partially overcast sky and no hint of an earthquake that left the globe in ruins. Will the atrocities that Harold Camping declared actually happen one day? Again, anyone familiar with the Bible knows that yes, there will be a Rapture and a Day of Judgment and plagues and earthquakes and 300 pound hailstones... it's true, Google it. However, when these things will happen, in what order, and how many people will be affected, nobody but God knows. All we can do (those of us who abide by the Christian faith, anyways) is to be ready and watch, living our lives as though each day could be the last.

In other news, my girlfriend has officially moved back to Perrysburg to live with her parents and finish up her college career at Bowling Green State University, thereby changing the way my life will run from now on. I will have much more time with my Cincinnati friends, but things will become quite lonely very quickly during the later hours of the evening. I find it interesting that not every single piece of my life can be optimistically in sync at any given point... now that I have an awesome job here in Cincy that I love, the one thing I love most about my personal life is physically absent... so we'll see what happens. At any rate, it's time for me to bounce. Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. i loved the first paragraph! so true! and i'm sorry to hear about hannah...that must be hard. I'm glad you like your new job! hope its treating you well!

    ReplyDelete